It's been a while since my last post as I've been catching up on some soul-refreshing reading. After reading the Bill Drummond piece on damsons in the new "On Nature" book brought to us by the good folks at Caught By The River (click here for more details), I've decided to compile a new video playlist.
Click over the jump for my "fruits in rock" video playlist.
1. Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
Get on the dancefloor, get wild! It's Wild Cherry!
2. The Dickies - Banana Splits
Came out on 7" yellow vinyl. Pop-punk a gogo!
3. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
Childhood surrealism about a Salvation Army Home. (Jumping backwards up a tree not to be tried at home).
4. Black Grape - Reverend Black Grape
It was either this lot or Moby Grape. Manchester - 1, San Francisco - 0
5. Pink Floyd - Apples And Oranges
Often imitated, never equalled, it's Syd-era Floyd.
6. The Bee Gees - Cucumber Castle
Late 60's chamber pop amid lysergic movie! What's not to like?!
7. The Nectarine No. 9 - Rocket No. 9
Taking on the Sun Ra track. Obtuse!!
8. The Stranglers - Peaches
Made it this far with no euphemisms or innuendo. Oh damn!
9. Led Zeppelin - The Lemon Song
Oh what the hell!
10. Bis -Starbright Boy
Why's this here? Well it's Manda Rin on vocals, enjoy!